Welcome to The Nut Hut!

Friday, January 06, 2006

Currently reading...

It's nice having a holiday break, especially being an English major. During the semester I never have time to read the things that I really want to, so I have to squeeze novels into the breaks that I get between semesters. Right now I'm trying to finish Jarka Ruus by Terry Brooks so I can get started on the sequel that my wife got me for Christmas.

So far the book as been pretty good and it's starting to pick up the pace considerably. I'm about 1/3 the way through it, and I'm going to have to really push to finish it before the next semester starts Monday. So far there aren't any characters as strong as the last trilogy, but it's still early. The last book I read was The Davinci Code. It took me forever to finally pick it up, but it was worth reading. I wanted to read the book before the movie comes out, and I managed to get through it in about 5 days.

I'm curious to see how the movie handles the issues that are central to the novel's storyline. It's entirely possible that the film ends up being pretty controversial, especially in the Catholic community. It seems that people make more of a fuss over film than novels.

Anyway, here is the cover art to Jarka Ruus:

2 Comments:

Blogger Brett Crockett said...

Rivera! Good to see you (and good to see I'm not the only geek with a blog). Congratulations on moving back to B-town! Things are always better there than in the UC, the way I see it. So you're working at i4, eh? I worked with Jared Cornwall for a few weeks when he was at Richter7, and then he left us for you guys.

Anyway, hope things are going well for you and your family, take care!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Jeff Rivera said...

Hey Brett,

I was going to leave a comment on your blog when I was looking through other Bountiful blogs. I was going to just use this thing as a source for a few links towards some of the sites I deal with, but it's actually kind of fun.

So how are things going for you?

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web YOUR DOMAIN NAME