Welcome to The Nut Hut!

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Boycott Blockbuster!

For all two of you that read my blog, it's time that we all join in and boycott Blockbuster. Since I've been pretty weary of Xbox 360 releases, I decided to rent a couple of games before taking the $60 plunge. I dropped by Hollywood Video, my normal rental store of choice, but they had been really picked over and I wasn't about to rent Amped 3, the only thing still on the shelf.

I decided to drop by Blockbuster, a store I already pretty much despise, to see if I'd have any better luck there. Well, to my surprise their shelves were fully stocked, so I picked a couple of games out. When I got up to pay the two games came out to be $17.50 to rent. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? It costs $8.75 to rent a single game? I asked the guy behind the counter why the price was so high and he just shrugged his shoulders and said that's the new thing.

Well enough of that crap. I'm done with Blockbuster forever. I refuse to pay 1/5 the price of a game only to have it for 5 days. To make things worse, it's due back before noon on the due date. Who in the world can get to a Blockbuster Video before noon? Don't they realize that people work? What happened to the late PM return time? Basically it's a ploy to get people trapped into late fees. Either you drop it off the day before, take an early lunch, or you get stuck paying the late fee because you have a life. It's a dirty tactic to reap another couple of dollars per rental...simply ridiculous.

So, don't go to Blockbuster. Go anywhere else. Hollywood Video, Netflix, Gamefly, and local independent video stores are probably going to kill of Blockbuster in the end, let's help them speed up the process.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree! Boycott! You didn't tell me they were $17.50 rental! Goodness that is way expensive. Blockbuster is lame and will probably only get lamer as they lose money due to lack of business.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Web YOUR DOMAIN NAME